![]() |
| Best Day Ever!! 05/13/2016 |
Finally. A movie that can give a glimpse into the life I share with my husband. Well, sure it would be a tiny speck of a glimpse because I wasn't Tony's hired caregiver and Tony is only paralyzed from the waist down (still the result of a terrible accident). But still. It was so refreshing to see Hollywood making something that portrayed parts of our love story. I was convinced by the trailer alone that I wanted to see the movie and yes, even wanted my husband to accompany me. I had it all mapped out in my head; a lovely dinner at our favorite restaurant in town and then off to watch this movie that would give us lovey-dovey butterflies in our stomachs and stars in our eyes.
![]() |
| Tony graduating with his B.S. in Nutrition |
Honestly, really? This post is not for the sake of political correctness, but simply for human decency. To insinuate that life is not worth living because you are confined to a wheelchair infuriates me. It is my husband's zeal for life and determination to live (and strikingly good looks; he's a hottie!) that initially attracted me to him (Oh, and the whole bit of humbly trying to be completely surrendered to Jesus helped too.)
Then, to portray this martyrdom of sorts that the male lead is saving his lady from a life of caregiving goes against every grain that my wedding vows are woven with. I promised to love Tony in comfort and pain, in joy and sorrow, in abundance and without...through every season, in every moment of this life until death and only death do us part. Part of marriage is bearing one another's burdens. Frankly, I am extremely new at this. (We just got married on May 13th.) Tony extends so much grace and offers incredible vulnerability when I have had to ask questions and continue to ask questions that I don't know the answer to in regards to his disability.
![]() |
| Honeymoon Dinner Cruise! |
Hey, Hollywood. Make a movie about this. Simply call it, Us. I'd go see it. :) Though, I should probably write the book for you first.



Liz, you are an inspiration! I commend you for being so open and honest. May God bless your marriage for many years to come!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, lady! :)
Delete